Wood Burning Stoves for camper Vans
Vesta stoves produces a range of small stoves that are perfect for vans. Our Bushmaster stoves are designed specifically for Camper vans and have integral bolt down points in the feet. As well as being sturdy the stoves are lightweight and suitable to be lugged around.
The bushmaster has a 3.5kw heat output that is perfect fro most vans. We also sell all the necessary stainless steel twin wall flue pipes and accessories to ensure the appliance is fitted safely.
We can also supply a heat shield to ensure an air gap is left behind the stove and there is no risk of damage to surrounding materials.
The bushmaster wood stove also has an integral multi fuel grate for burning of coal and peat. With its air control you can get the bushmaster to the perfect temperature to cook food whilst burning wood. A kettle can be boiled on top of the stove to provide hot water for that much needed cuppa after a day out.
Installing a wood burner in your campervan is a straight forward job but we are on hand to answer any questions you may have. A Log burner should always be installed with a carbon monoxide detector.
What do you need to install a stove in a campervan?
The most commonly-used flue size for van installations is 4-inch (100mm flue). We recommend using insulated flue, as this prevents accidentally touching the hot flue in a small space and is much safer, as the outside temperature of the flue will be cooler. When fitting a stove in a van, you need to be mindful of how close your stove and flue is to combustibles (basically, anything that will burn). Using insulated flue reduces the distance that you need between your flue and combustible materials.
Here is a list of what you will need. (its always best to call us for information 01704 821095)
- A small woodburning stove, like our Bushmaster Stove
- Either our HETAS-Approved Flue Kit, which includes all the flue parts and fittings you need, or
- A 500mm section of single-walled flue (included in HETAS-Approved Flue Kit)
- Enough insulated flue to clear the top of your van by at least 15cm (included in HETAS-Approved Flue Kit)
- A flashing kit designed for a solid roof (this provides a watertight, heatproof seal around the flue where it exits through the roof (included in HETAS-Approved Flue Kit)
- A cowl to prevent rain from coming down the flue (included in HETAS-Approved Flue Kit)
- A heat shield or fireproof board
Stoves for Surf Vans
What better van to kickback after a days surfing than cooking up the perfect dish on stove with the sea breeze and aq setting sun. The bushmaster can be fitted with a quick release flue system so on a sunny evening the stove can be taken outdoors for safe cooking.
you can’t beat the dry heat and pleasing aroma of a wood stove. Propane stoves are always a nightmare and in our experience with fumes and wet heat that sinks to the ground and causes damp.
The Bushmaster is easy to install and provides a low cost but stylish look making you the envy of the beach.